Treasurer Job Opening
Description: Assist the Borough Manager in carrying out the daily activities necessary to maintain and improve Westmont Borough. The position requires practiced skill in interpersonal communication, customer service, tracking finances, and bookkeeping. Hired person must regularly interact with the public, elected officials, and municipal employees.
- Answer and deliver correspondence to the public (Phone Calls, Mail, Email, Fax)
- Check newspaper for garage sales, obituaries, and legal notices
- Issue, record, and update Permits, Applications, and Forms (Moving, Burning, Street Opening, Sewer Compliance, Solicitation, Zoning, etc.)
- Process payments, balance drawers, and post records for Sewer and Garbage
- Make and deliver bank deposits and post receipts regularly.
- Maintain books for General, Sewer, and Highway Aid funds
- Balance bank statements
- Prepare Treasurer Report for monthly Council Meeting
- Order miscellaneous supplies
- Assist in processing payroll
- Maintain Deed Registry Files
- Bill for Sewer, Garbage, and Delinquency, and issue refunds as appropriate
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable
- Assist in public relations and outreach
- Other related tasks given by the Borough Manager
- Proficient level or higher in MS Office (Word, Ppt, Excel)
- Ability to read at a 12th grade level and type documents
- Ability to use basic computer software (Windows)
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Two years’ experience in Customer Service/Sales with tracking money preferred.
Experience in Government service preferred.
Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred
Must be able to pass Federal and State background checks and drug tests.
Salary will be based on education, skills, and experience.
The position is also given an excellent medical, dental, vision, and retirement package.
Please send cover letters, resumes, and three professional references to email@example.com
Or via fax at (814)-255-9580
Or mail to Westmont Municipal Building, 1000 Luzerne Street, Johnstown, PA, 15905.
Resumes will be accepted until Friday, May 10, at 12:00 p.m.