Once a week pickup schedule as follows (four bag or can limit):
- Monday: Brownstown Borough line to Middle School at Luzerne Street and Diamond Boulevard.
- Tuesday: Right side of Menoher Boulevard from Carnegie west to, but not including Stanford Avenue.
- Wednesday: Left side of Menoher Boulevard from Luzerne Street Ext. to Borough line. Right side of Menoher Boulevard from Stanford Avenue west to Borough line at Drury Lane.
- On some holidays, that route will be collected the following day and the remaining routes in that week will also change to the day after the normally scheduled pickup. A holiday schedule is available at the Westmont Municipal Office.
- In 2023, garbage pickup will be one day late for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day and Christmas.
- (Monday pickup will be on Tuesday; Tuesday pickup will be on Wednesday; Wednesday pickup will be on Thursday.)
- Proper receptacles are garbage cans with tight-fitting lids or plastic garbage bags which are securely tied. Garbage cans and recycling bins shall be removed from the curb/alley the same day as the scheduled pickup. Thirty (30) gallon containers or bags should be used. If you use larger containers, please first place the garbage in bags.
Co-Mingled RecyclablesAluminum, steel, and bi-metal cans from beverages
Plastic marked with (1) PET and (2) HDPE
Cardboard (Cereal and food boxes, gift boxes, etc.)
Corrugated Boxes (moving boxes, packing boxes, etc.)
|Place your recycling containers at the curb on your normal garbage day EVERY OTHER WEEK.
(Recycling schedule available at the Borough Office)
Lids and metal rings from rinsed cans and bottles must be removed.
Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
Bins may be purchased for fifteen dollars at the Westmont Borough Municipal Building, 1000 Luzerne Street, Johnstown, PA. Commercial and institutional establishments shall make arrangements with their private hauler.
Westmont Borough Ordinance requires commercial/institutional establishments to also recycle corrugated paper and high-grade office paper.