Zoning Hearing Board
|Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every Month at 6:00 pm||Meets the 1st Tuesday of every month as needed at 7:00 pm||Meets on an as needed basis
|Berkheimer Tax Office||Robert Miller|
|Business Privilege (BP)||Real Estate|
|Occupation assessment (OA)||Contact Information:|
2214 R Woodcrest Dr., Johnstown, PA 15905
Berkheimer Contact Information:
Local Service Tax (LST):
Send payment to Westmont Borough @ 1000 Luzerne St., Johnstown, PA 15905
Standard Right-to-Know Law Request Form (pa.gov)
Westmont Borough has a limb/branch pickup schedule as well as a yearly leaf collection. The schedule and requirements can be viewed on our annual newsletter:
2023 Annual Newsletter
- Weeds and grass are not to exceed height of 10”.
- Yards must not be cluttered or littered with rubbish or garbage.
- Rubbish is defined as: combustible and noncombustible waste materials, except garbage; the term shall include the residue from the burning of wood, coal, coke and other combustible materials, paper, rags, cartons, boxes, wood, excelsior, rubber, leather, tree branches, yard trimmings, tin cans, metals mineral matter, glass, crockery and dust and other similar materials.
- Garbage is defined as: the animal or vegetable waste resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking, and consumption of food.
- Abandoned, unlicensed, or unregistered vehicles are not permitted.
- Fences, hedges, trees, shrubs, weeds and vines must not obstruct the vision of motorists and are not permitted on Borough of right of ways.
- Deteriorated dwellings, structures, or fences.
Property Maintenance concerns can be submitted to the Borough Office.
Outdoor fires that are upon private property for the burning of non-offensive matter.
rubbish, brush, trees, and similar cuttings removed in the course of cleaning a lot or parcel of ground for the purpose of selling timber or providing space for the erection of a building or other similar structure or use permitted under the applicable ordinances of Westmont Borough.
Open burning is permitted Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Burning is not permitted on Sundays or legal holidays.
Must come to the Borough office for a Burn permit M-F, 10am to 3pm
No permit required if:
Outdoor fireplaces, barbecue pits, charcoal burners, recreational fires and propane gas burners are permitted if using for cooking only and not used to circumvent the intent and prohibitions of the residential burning permit and:
Shall only consist of seasoned dry wood, charcoal, gas or other approved fuels.
Shall not be used for waste disposal purposes.
The West Hills Regional Police are authorized to enforce the burning and shall order the extinguishment, by the permit holder or the Fire Department, of any open burning which creates or adds to a hazardous or objectionable situation and/or is in violation of this chapter.
To report burning violation, please call the non-emergency police number at 814-255-4145
Contact the Game Commission at 1-724-238-9523 (if located on/along a Borough roadway)
Please be advised the Westmont Borough Public Works Department will ONLY pick up small game animals (skunks, rabbits, raccoons, possums) Call the Borough office to report this kind of animal at