Where/When are Public Meetings?
All meetings are held at the Westmont Borough Municipal Building located at 1000 Luzerne St., Johnstown, PA 15905 as well as on Zoom.


Planning Commission

Zoning Hearing Board

Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every Month at 6:00 pm Meets the 1st Tuesday of every month as needed at 7:00 pm Meets on an as needed basis

What are some examples of items that require a permit?
Swimming pools 
Fence installation
Driveway modifications (including repaving, altering, or changing)
Demolition of homes, structures, etc.
Additions and Alterations to existing structures
New structures, including dwelling/sheds/gazebos/detached garages
Reroofing (shingles, metal, etc.…)
Occupancies of existing commercial buildings or spaces

Permanent signs

Temp signs do not require a permit, but are limited to one sign per property, not to 
Exceed 9SF, and shall not be placed on public property or in the right-of-way of any

Vendor sales
Road and right of way occupancy
Door to Door solicitation
Firework Displays
Moving in or out of Residence
Burning on property
Road and Street opening permits

Permits must be obtained prior to construction, sales or required permitted activity.
The Zoning Ordinance specifies building setbacks, regulates lot coverage, limits heights of structures and fences, and contains other very specific regulations. It is strongly recommended that if you are contemplating any improvements or alterations to your home or business, you should contact the Zoning officer, Mark Walker at 814-255-3413 to discuss your plans and determine what permits and approvals might be necessary.
Where do I pay my taxes
Berkheimer Tax Office Robert Miller
Collects: Collects:
Business Privilege (BP) Real Estate
Per Capita

School Taxes

Occupation assessment (OA) Contact Information:

Robert Miller
2214 R Woodcrest Dr., Johnstown, PA 15905

Berkheimer Contact Information:

Local Service Tax (LST):
Send payment to Westmont Borough @ 1000 Luzerne St., Johnstown, PA 15905
How do I file a Right to Know Request
You  may file a RTK request by going to the page linked below and then completing and submitting a request form to the Borough office.

Standard Right-to-Know Law Request Form (pa.gov)
What can I do with limbs, branches, and leaves from my property ?

Westmont Borough has a limb/branch pickup schedule as well as a yearly leaf collection. The schedule and requirements can be viewed on our annual newsletter:
2024 Annual Newsletter

What is considered a violation of property maintenance?

  • Weeds and grass are not to exceed height of 10”.
  • Yards must not be cluttered or littered with rubbish or garbage.
    • Rubbish is defined as: combustible and noncombustible waste materials, except garbage; the term shall include the residue from the burning of wood, coal, coke and other combustible materials, paper, rags, cartons, boxes, wood, excelsior, rubber, leather, tree branches, yard trimmings, tin cans, metals mineral matter, glass, crockery and dust and other similar materials.
    • Garbage is defined as: the animal or vegetable waste resulting from the handling, preparation, cooking, and consumption of food.
  • Abandoned, unlicensed, or unregistered vehicles are not permitted.
  • Fences, hedges, trees, shrubs, weeds and vines must not obstruct the vision of motorists and are not permitted on Borough of right of ways.
  • Deteriorated dwellings, structures, or fences.

Property Maintenance concerns can be submitted to the Borough Office.

Do I need a permit to burn or have a fire?
Daily permit required if burning ($1 fee)

Outdoor fires that are upon private property for the burning of non-offensive matter.
rubbish, brush, trees, and similar cuttings removed in the course of cleaning a lot or parcel of ground for the purpose of selling timber or providing space for the erection of a building or other similar structure or use permitted under the applicable ordinances of Westmont Borough. 

Open burning is permitted Monday through Saturday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
Burning is not permitted on Sundays or legal holidays.

Must come to the Borough office for a Burn permit M-F, 10am to 3pm

No permit required if:

Outdoor fireplaces, barbecue pits, charcoal burners, recreational fires and propane gas burners are permitted if using for cooking only and not used to circumvent the intent and prohibitions of the residential burning permit and:

Shall only consist of seasoned dry wood, charcoal, gas or other approved fuels.
Shall not be used for waste disposal purposes.

The West Hills Regional Police are authorized to enforce the burning and shall order the extinguishment, by the permit holder or the Fire Department, of any open burning which creates or adds to a hazardous or objectionable situation and/or is in violation of this chapter.

To report burning violation, please call the non-emergency police number at 814-255-4145

Who should I contact if there is a dead animal on the road?
Contact PennDOT at 1-800-349-7623 (if located on/along State Roadway)
Contact the Game Commission at 1-724-238-9523 (if located on/along a Borough roadway)

Please be advised the Westmont Borough Public Works Department will ONLY pick up small game animals (skunks, rabbits, raccoons, possums) Call the Borough office to report this kind of animal at 
How do I rent The Grove?